Tairua is on the most popular side of the peninsula because most attractions are within easy half or full day trip distance.
Our property is easy to find:
- From the south, drive into Tairua on the main road,
- Cross the one lane Pepe bridge in Tairua's main street,
- Take the first road to the right (Manaia Road which continues as Paku Drive).
- Near the top of Paku hill, there is a sharp 25km left hand turn sign, we are straight ahead - number 205.
- Drive in and park in front of the garage or continue down the access lane & park on the grassed area.
Please come in the gate, and ring the door bell beside the front door. Bella, our Bichon Frise, may meet you and bark, but she is very friendly and it is her job to announce your arrival.
Located on the east coast of the Coromandel peninsula, we have beautiful, uncrowded, free beaches and plenty of natural, clean parks, forests, wildlife and ocean. The sea is great for swimming, fishing, surfing, boating, scuba diving, kayaking etc. There are plenty of safe, interesting and peaceful walks of various standards in Tairua and the surrounding area.
Driving travel times & distances:
Auckland airport 1.5 hours 150km
Hot Water Beach 30 mins 22km
Hahei / Cathedral Cove 30 mins 25km
Whitianga 35 mins 44km
Coromandel town 1 hour 88km
Whangamata 35 mins 35km
Pauanui 20 mins 25km
Thames 40 mins 48km
Rotorua 2.75 hours 210km
Hamilton 2 hours 141km
Tauranga 1.75 hours 125km
Taupo 3.75 hours 246km